January 15, 2010
Celebrity Mama of the Month
With Bachelor season in full swing, we thought we would catch up with the franchise’s most successful Bachelorette, Trista Sutter. Believe it or not, 17 seasons after it all began, Trista is still the only person to actually find a spouse on the show.
After meeting and falling in love with firefighter Ryan Sutter, Trista got married in a lavish TV ceremony that was watched by more than 17 million viewers. The couple then moved to Ryan’s hometown of Vail, Colorado where they now live with their two-year-old son, Max, and their nine-month-old daughter, Blakesley.
“What’s shocking to me is how I can still function (well, I guess that’s all relative!) on little to no sleep,” says Trista. But while motherhood definitely has its challenges, the former Bachelorette gets by with a little help from her Top 10 product picks:
1. Fave baby ride: We are lucky enough to have a few to choose from. My fave single is the Mutsy Slider. Great colors and super compact. Our double is the Baby Jogger City Elite because it has large wheels for our mountain terrain and great coverage against the sun. The Chariot is our go-to for keeping them warm and cozy on off-road rides.
2. Fave crib: Bratt Decor’s Casablanca crib in pewter and their Dick crib for his big boy bed that we will soon be transitioning into a toddler bed.
3. Fave sippy cup: I wish I knew. We honestly can’t find one that we absolutely love because they all end up spilling at some point. If anyone knows of one that truly doesn’t leak, please clue me in! What I do know is that all of our sippy cups are adorned with Mabel’s Labels. They are the best!
4. Fave high chair: We are all about our Peg Perego Prima Pappa. We chose the oatmeal leather one because it’s super easy to clean and isn’t too girly or boyish.
5. Fave nursery décor item: The nursery is my favorite room in the house. I love the incredibly comfortable slider/glider down-filled chair that Angel Song made in the same fabric we used for the bedding and draperies. A few other faves include the book holder and stool we got from New Arrivals, and our gorgeous girly custom chandelier from ILite4U.
6. Fave baby outfit and designer: OY! Even harder than the nursery decor! I love the name brands like Juicy Couture, Ralph Lauren, Carter’s and Old Navy, but even more, I love the mompreneur brands like Oohlalamama, EM Tanner Designs, Sweet Funky Vintage, Nacho Baby and Lemon. And for shoes, it’s Pediped all the way.
7. Fave baby bath: I’m all about Noodle and Boo.
8. Fave car seat: For Blakesley, the Graco Snugride and for Max, the Britax Marathon.
9. The one baby item you couldn’t live without: Seventh Generation chlorine-free diapers.
10. The one baby item you wouldn’t want to live without: Our new Toyota Sienna minivan. Yes, a minivan! It fits the four of us, all our bags and our two “babies with fur.” And the DVD player is a lifesaver!