September 17, 2010
Celebrity Mama of the Month
You don’t have to be a hard-core news junkie to be familiar with Norah O’Donnell. MSNBC’s chief Washington correspondent is a ubiquitous presence, reporting and giving commentary everywhere from The Today Show to Dateline to Morning Joe.
As a mother of three – 3-year-old twins Grace and Henry and 2-year-old daughter Riley – Norah knows a lot about cooking kid-friendly meals on the run. And she should – her husband is none other than D.C.’s own chef/restaurateur, Geoff Tracy.
Together, they wrote Baby Love: Healthy, Easy, Delicious Meals for Your Baby and Toddler “in hopes of igniting a baby food revolution,” Norah explains. “Making homemade food is healthy, easy and delicious. Our book shows parents that it takes just one hour every two weeks.”
Balancing three kids and a thriving career in broadcasting is a challenge – “I just try to do my best and lean a lot on my husband and parents for childcare help!” – but Norah makes it through with a little help from these favorite products:
1. Fave Baby Ride: Mountain Buggy and Maclaren
2. Fave Crib/Todder Bed: I picked it out at BuyBuyBaby! Love that store!
3. Fave cooking gizmo for kids: Gizmo? I don’t use gizmos. Just a blender!
4. Fave high chair: Boon Pedestal High Chair. The coolest ever!
5. Fave playroom item: Little Tikes Kitchen!
6. Fave baby/kid clothing designer: Gap
7. Fave dishes to cook in 10 minutes or less: Baby Guacamole. Find the recipe at www.babylovefoods.com.
8. Fave feeding utensils: We got some great kids plates and bowls at Target.
9. The one item you couldn’t live without: Triple Paste for diaper rash
10. The one item you wouldn’t want to live without: An I-Touch for the kids!